The Junior Exam is the most well-known exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission, which is also known as the SSC JE Exam. Candidates who apply for the SSC JE exam must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering. There are two levels of selection, and the dates for each level of the SSC JE exam are announced separately. For engineers who want to work for the central government, SSC JE is a great and respected job.
The SSC JE exam is conducted every year to find dynamic and passionate candidates for Group B (Non-Gazetted) posts in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Quantity Surveying, and Contract Engineering. The candidates are selected based on how well they do on a written exam that is given by SSC at the All-India level. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC), which is in charge of organizing the exam, has set the SSC JE syllabus 2022.
Syllabus for SSC JE
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) holds the SSC JE exam to hire Junior Engineers in Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, and Quantity Surveying & Contracts. Candidates studying for the examination can study the Paper 1 and Paper 2 SSC JE exam syllabus.
The SSC JE syllabus contains questions that you covered at the graduation level. The curriculum for the SSC JE test covers a number of subtopics that are important for smooth exam preparation.
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper 1
The Paper 1 SSC JE Exam compromises subjects like General Intelligence, Awareness, Reasoning, and Engineering (Civil and Structural/Electrical/Mechanical). To finish the syllabus on time, you need to know a lot about each subject. Paper 1 is important for all of the people who are taking this exam because your final selection will be based on how well you do on this paper.
- The General Intelligence & Reasoning Syllabus consists of Analogies, Coding-Decoding, Similarities & Differences, Blood Relations, Decision Making, Visual Memory, Discrimination, Observation, and so on.
- General Awareness includes things like History, Geography, Economics and Politics, Awards and Honors, Government Schemes, and so on.
- The SSC JE syllabus for the Civil exam includes topics like Building Materials, Costing and Valuation, Surveying, Estimating, Soil Mechanics, Irrigation Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Hydraulics, and Structural Engineering.
- The SSC JE Electrical Syllabus consists of basic concepts, electrical machines, transmission and distribution, basic electronics, circuit law, estimation and costing, magnetic circuit, AC fundamentals, measurement and measuring instruments, etc.
- The SSC JE Mechanical consists of Thermodynamics, Refrigeration cycles, Fluid kinematics, Properties of Pure Substances, Theory of Machines and Machine Design, Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials, Dynamics of Ideal Fluids, Measurement of Flow rate, basic and principles, etc.
SSC JE Syllabus for Paper 2
The questions in Paper 2 will be significantly more difficult than those in Paper 1. All of the questions will be based on how much you know about civil/electrical/mechanical engineering based on what you’ve learned in your graduation. can obtain additional information regarding the course syllabus and examination format by reviewing BYJU’s Exam Prep.
Depending on the type of engineering the candidate chooses, the SSC JE Paper 2 syllabus will include the following:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil and Structural Engineering
Tips for Preparing for the Syllabus
- One of the best ways to get prepared for the exam is to frequently do practice tests.
- Learn everything about the SSC JE Syllabus and exam pattern. It will help you make your study plan.
- Learn the tricks that will save you time on the test so you can answer other questions.
- Create a study plan based on the syllabus so you can cover all the subjects and not miss any questions.
- Taking notes will be of the utmost importance to you, especially when it’s time to review.
This is an added benefit with the information that is available, which increases one’s chances of achieving success and successfully passing the examination.